A Cross Section of Educational Research : Journal Articles for Discussion and Evaluation Paperback / softback
* This collection of research articles emphasizes topics of interest to classroom teachers. * The 38 research articles illustrate: *survey research*quantitative content analysis*correlational research*true experimental research*quasi-experimental research*pre-experimental research*single-subject research/behavior analysis*causal-comparative research*program evaluation*qualitative research*combined qualitative/quantitative research*meta-analysis* The lines in each article are numbered sequentially, making it easy to refer to specific parts of the article during classroom discussions. * The availability of a single source of research articles is convenient and helps you avoid copyright infringement problems. * Factual Questions at the end of each article allow students to check their comprehension. * Questions for discussion stimulate classroom discussions of research methods. * After answering the questions, students rate the quality of each article using 13 basic criteria.
More detailed criteria in the Appendix may also be applied. * Ideal for courses in which the primary goal is to learn how to evaluate research. * Twenty-one different journals are represented in the 38 articles in this collection.
Students see the diversity of educational research since the journals vary in their standards for publication. * New to this edition: Thirteen new articles keep this popular research reader up-to-date.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 288 pages
- Publisher: Pyrczak Publishing
- Publication Date: 01/01/2012
- Category: Research methods: general
- ISBN: 9781884585982
- EPUB from £41.64
- PDF from £41.64