Tankograd : The Formation of a Soviet Company Town: Cheliabinsk, 1900s-1950s Hardback
A major production site of Soviet KV and T-34 tanks in WWII, the town of Cheliabinsk in the Urals was nicknamed 'Tankograd', its civilian machine-building factories swiftly converted to arms production.
This book gives a social, economic and political panorama that describes everyday life in a typical Soviet company town during the Stalin era.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 351 pages, XII, 351 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 26/07/2011
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9780230208872
- Paperback / softback from £62.49