Greek Oligarchies : Their Character and Organisation Paperback / softback
First published in 1913, as the reissued edition of an 1896 original, this book was formed from a dissertation which was awarded the Hare Prize in 1894.
The text was written by the British classical scholar Leonard Whibley (1864-1941), who edited the Cambridge publication A Companion to Greek Studies from 1905 to 1931.
It provides a study regarding the nature of Greek oligarchies, focusing on their constitutional and organisational characteristics.
Detailed notes are incorporated throughout. This book will be of value to anyone with an interest in the works of Whibley and ancient Greek history.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 222 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date: 06/10/2016
- Category: Classical history / classical civilisation
- ISBN: 9781316626177
- Paperback / softback from £11.99