Teaching Stylistics Paperback / softback
Edited by Lesley Jeffries, Dan McIntyre
Part of the Teaching the New English series
Understanding language and its capacity to create literary effects is vital for any student of English.
Stylistics, the linguistic study of literary texts, has a key role to play in literary criticism.
This book covers the theory and practice of teaching stylistics, focusing on the value of objectivity, rigour and replicability in text analysis.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 275 pages, XV, 275 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 13/06/2011
- Category: Writing & editing guides
- ISBN: 9780230235885