This book is a modern pedagogic introduction to the ideas and techniques of quantum field theory.
After a brief overview of particle physics and a survey of relativistic wave equations and Lagrangian methods, the quantum theory of scalar and spinor fields, and then of gauge fields, is developed.
The emphasis throughout is on functional methods, which have played a large part in modern field theory.
The book concludes with a brief survey of 'topological' objects in field theory and, new to this edition, a chapter devoted to supersymmetry.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 508 pages, 6 Tables, unspecified; 143 Line drawings, unspecified
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date: 06/06/1996
- Category: Quantum physics (quantum mechanics & quantum field theory)
- ISBN: 9780521478144
- Hardback from £78.69