Three Medieval Queens : Queenship and the Crown in Fourteenth-Century England Hardback
Part of the Queenship and Power series
This book is an innovative study offering the first examination of how three fourteenth-century English queens, Margaret of France, Isabella of France, and Philippa of Hainault, exercised power and authority.
It frames its analysis around four major themes: gender; status; the concept of the crown; and power and authority.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 254 pages, XII, 254 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 17/05/2012
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9780230112858
- PDF from £59.50
- Paperback / softback from £61.69