Painting as a Weapon : Progressive Cologne 1920-1930 Paperback / softback
Edited by Lynette Roth
The Cologne Progressives rejected the connection between art and radical politics embraced by other movements--such as the Neue Sachlichkeit--concurrently active in Weimar Germany.
This collection examines the movement--which was declared degenerate during the Nazi period--with an essay by Lynette Roth and illustrations of more than 100 works, some never-before-published.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 160 pages, 105 colour, 88 b&w illustrations
- Publisher: Buchhandlung Walther Konig GmbH & Co. KG. Abt. Ver
- Publication Date: 24/04/2008
- Category: History of art & design styles: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9783865603982