Performing Otherness : Java and Bali on International Stages, 1905-1952 Hardback
by M. Cohen
Part of the Studies in International Performance series
A far-reaching examination of exoticism, cultural internationalism and modernism's encounters with Indonesian tradition, Performing Otherness examines how Indonesia entered world stages through imperialism as an antimodern phantasm and through nationalism became a means of intercultural communication and cultural diplomacy.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 285 pages, XII, 285 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 27/10/2010
- Category: Theatre studies
- ISBN: 9780230224629
- PDF from £76.08
- Paperback / softback from £56.15