Faulkner's Gambit : Chess and Literature Hardback
This book offers the first full-length study of the chess structures, motifs, and imagery in William Faulkner's Knight's Gambit .
Wainwright looks at the importance of chess as a literary device and examines the structural analogy drawn between the game and linguistics by Ferdinand de Saussure.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 222 pages, VII, 222 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 07/12/2011
- Category: Literary studies: general
- ISBN: 9780230338609
- PDF from £46.75
- Paperback / softback from £48.95