Film Stardom, Myth and Classicism : The Rise of Hollywood's Gods Hardback
by M. Williams
Since the golden era of silent movies, stars have been described as screen gods, goddesses and idols.
This is the story of how Olympus moved to Hollywood to divinise stars as Apollos and Venuses for the modern age, and defined a model of stardom that is still with us today.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 252 pages, X, 252 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 16/11/2012
- Category: Film theory & criticism
- ISBN: 9780230355446
- PDF from £54.40
- Paperback / softback from £50.59