Contingent Canons : African Literature and the Politics of Location Paperback / softback
Part of the Elements in Publishing and Book Culture series
This Element explores the mechanisms through which 'African literature', as a market category, has been consecrated within the global literary field.
Drawing on archival, textual and field-based research, it proposes that the normative story of African literary writing has functioned to efface a broader material history of African literary production located on and oriented to the continent itself.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 75 pages, Worked examples or Exercises
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date: 08/11/2018
- Category: Literature: history & criticism
- ISBN: 9781108445375