Angela Carter and Decadence : Critical Fictions/Fictional Critiques Hardback
By reading key Carter texts alongside their Decadent intertexts, Tonkin interrogates the claim that Carter was in thrall to a fetishistic aesthetic antithetical to her feminism.
Through historical contextualization of the woman-as-doll, muse and femme fatale, Tonkin tests Carter's own description of her fiction as a form of literary criticism.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 223 pages, VI, 223 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 29/02/2012
- Category: Literary theory
- ISBN: 9780230284159
- Paperback / softback from £46.65