Narratives of Place, Belonging and Language : An Intercultural Perspective Hardback
Part of the Language and Globalization series
Examining identity in relation to globalization and migration, this book uses narratives and memoirs from contemporary authors who have lived 'in-between' two or more languages.
It explores the human desire to find one's 'own place' in new cultural contexts, and looks at the role of language in shaping a sense of belonging in society.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 197 pages, XIII, 197 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 10/02/2012
- Category: Sociolinguistics
- ISBN: 9780230202634
- PDF from £50.99
- Paperback / softback from £53.19