Voices from the World of Jane Austen Paperback / softback
by Malcolm Day
A fascinating collection of first-hand accounts of life in the time of Jane Austen (1775-1817), showing how social standing and etiquette were prime considerations of the period.
This title reveals the stark contrast that existed in every aspect of domestic and public life, including the gulfs between rich and poor, 'upstairs' and 'downstairs', and the lives of men and women.
The 'voices' come from Jane Austen's novels, letters, biographies and memoirs, including previously unpublished material held by The Jane Austen Society, The British Library, Hampshire Record Office and Kent County Archives.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 336 pages, 25 colour, 15 black & white illustrations
- Publisher: David & Charles
- Publication Date: 30/11/2007
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9780715327241