Beyond Market and Hierarchy : Patriotic Capitalism and the Jiuda Salt Refinery, 1914-1953 Hardback
by Man Bun Kwan
Based on extensive archival research, Beyond Market and Hierarchy reconstructs how Fan waged modern China's war of salts.
Led by his Jiuda Salt Industries, the nascent refined salt industry battled revenue farmers who, as a group, monopolized the production and distribution of evaporated salt.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 234 pages, XIV, 234 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 24/07/2014
- Category: Economics of industrial organisation
- ISBN: 9781137335265
- Paperback / softback from £57.75