Robert-Bosch-Krankenhaus, Stuttgart : Opus 68 Hardback
In 1940, manufacturer Robert Bosch (1861-1942) opened the first hospital to bear his name.
He was interested in promoting public welfare as well as his highly successful business activities.
Since 1964, 92 per cent of Robert Bosch GmbH has belonged to the Robert Bosch Foundation, whose dividends benefit education, science, understanding among nations and health care.
So in 1973 it became possible to open a new hospital complex in Stuttgart.
There has been continual extension and improvement of the existing stock by Arcass Frei Architekten, and in recent years the geriatric rehabilitation clinic and the very stimulating chapel have been added, both by Gunter Leonhardt, and also the entrance building by Joachim Schurmann & Partner.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 120 pages, 130 colour & b/w photos & maps
- Publisher: Edition Axel Menges
- Publication Date: 21/11/2007
- Category: Architecture
- ISBN: 9783932565687