Family Therapy with Muslims Paperback / softback
Family Therapy with Muslims is the first guide for mental health professionals who work with Muslims in the family therapy setting.
The book opens with a section defining the similarities across Muslim cultures, the effects of postcolonialism on Muslims, and typical Muslim family dynamics.
The author then devotes a chapter to different models of family therapy and how they can specifically be applied to working with Muslim families.
Case studies throughout the book involve families of many different backgrounds living in the West-including both immigrant and second generation families-that will give professionals concrete tools to work with clients of their own.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 196 pages, 1 Tables, black and white; 4 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 16/08/2016
- Category: Islamic studies
- ISBN: 9781138947979