Italian Immigrant Radical Culture : The Idealism of the Sovversivi in the United States, 1890-1940 Hardback
* "An important contribution to the history of the Italian-American left." - Fraser Ottanelli, Professor of History, University of South Florida * "A welcome introduction to the poorly understood immigrant sovversivi." - Donna Gabaccia, University of Minnesota * "A superb analysis of radical working-class poetry, drama, and art." - Nunzio Pernicone, author of Italian Anarchism, 1864-1892 * "Anyone interested in the topic will benefit from Bencivenni's deep understanding of her subject, her exhaustive research, and her clear organization and writing." - R.J.
Goldstein, Choice * "An impressive book that nicely complements existing studies...
It deserves a wide audience." - Mike Rosenow, H-Net Reviews * "Bencivenni's superb analysis... ensure[s] that the works of these men and women will have a lasting legacy." - Diane C.
Vecchio, Furman University * "A great book that will benefit well-established scholars, newly minted Ph.D.'s, and graduate students." - Caroline Merithew, Italian American Review * "Sheds illuminating light on a part of that history that is often overlooked." - Stefan Bosworth
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 287 pages
- Publisher: New York University Press
- Publication Date: 09/05/2011
- Category: History of the Americas
- ISBN: 9780814791035
- PDF from £94.30
- Paperback / softback from £21.99