Making Brazil Work : Checking the President in a Multiparty System Hardback
Part of the Studies of the Americas series
This book offers the first conceptually rigorous analysis of the political and institutional underpinnings of Brazil's recent rise.
Using Brazil as a case study in multiparty presidentialism, the authors argue that Brazil's success stems from the combination of a constitutionally strong president and a robust system of checks and balances.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 212 pages, 6 Illustrations, black and white; XX, 212 p. 6 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 21/08/2013
- Category: Political structure & processes
- ISBN: 9781137310835
- Paperback / softback from £70.19