Barkcloth was the textile of choice for window treatments, upholstery, and other household textiles of the 1930s, '40s, and '50s.
This book explores barkcloth's enduring appeal in almost 300 full-color images, demonstrating its scintillating combination of pattern, texture, and color.
Lovers of vintage textiles and retro-design will relish this exploration.
These vintage beauties are organized by florals, tropicals, leaves, abstracts, novelty, and conversational prints.
Information about dating and identifying fabrics and manufacturers, along with tips on buying, restoring, and using these ever-popular fabrics, are invaluable for any collector or dealer.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 160 pages, 290 color photos
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/08/2007
- Category: Antiques & collectables: carpets, rugs & textiles
- ISBN: 9780764326639