Mushroom Biotechnology : Developments and Applications EPUB
by Marian Petre
Mushroom Biotechnology: Developments and Applications is a comprehensive book to provide a better understanding of the main interactions between biological, chemical and physical factors directly involved in biotechnological procedures of using mushrooms as bioremediation tools, high nutritive food sources, and as biological helpers in healing serious diseases of the human body.
The book points out the latest research results and original approaches to the use of edible and medicinal mushrooms as efficient bio-instruments to reduce the environment and food crises. This is a valuable scientific resource to any researcher, professional, and student interested in the fields of mushroom biotechnology, bioengineering, bioremediation, biochemistry, eco-toxicology, environmental engineering, food engineering, mycology, pharmacists, and more.
- Includes both theoretical and practical tools to apply mushroom biotechnology to further research and improve value added products
- Presents innovative biotechnological procedures applied for growing and developing many species of edible and medicinal mushrooms by using high-tech devices
- Reveals the newest applications of mushroom biotechnology to produce organic food and therapeutic products, to biologically control the pathogens of agricultural crops, and to remove or mitigate the harmful consequences of quantitative expansion and qualitative diversification of hazardous contaminants in natural environment
- Format: EPUB
- Pages: 242 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier Science
- Publication Date: 14/10/2015
- Category: Agriculture & related industries
- ISBN: 9780128028049