Marcel Proust in the Light of William James : In Search of a Lost Source Hardback
Although William James was a significant presence in Paris at the dawn of the 20th century, his psychological and philosophical theories well known, any role he played in the gestation of Marcel Proust's ground-breaking novel A la recherche du temps perdu has been neglected by scholars on both sides of the Atlantic-until now.
Much of what made Proust's novel so startlingly original stems from James's writings, which were available to Proust in French translation.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 328 pages, 2 Halftones, black and white
- Publisher: Lexington Books
- Publication Date: 29/11/2013
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9780739181621
- Paperback / softback from £30.05
- EPUB from £97.20