Writing Lives in China, 1600-2010 : Histories of the Elusive Self Hardback
This innovative collection explores the life stories of Chinese women and men between the seventeenth and twenty-first centuries.
It draws on both biographical and autobiographical narratives and on perspectives taken from life writing theory to ask how lives were lived and written within and against the rules of the auto/biographical game.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 265 pages, XII, 265 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 31/10/2013
- Category: Literary studies: c 1500 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9781137368560
- Paperback / softback from £45.85