Love, Sex, and Democracy in Japan During the American Occupation Hardback
This is the first book in English to examine, through material in the popular press, the radical changes that took place in Japanese ideas about sex, romance and male-female relations in the wake of Japan's defeat and occupation by Allied forces at the end of the Second World War.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 240 pages, 9 Illustrations, black and white; XI, 240 p. 9 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 27/01/2012
- Category: Social & cultural history
- ISBN: 9780230120594
- Paperback / softback from £26.65