The US Navy in World War II Paperback / softback
Illustrated by Ramiro Bujeiro
Part of the Elite series
This is the first illustrated book to detail the uniforms and equipment of the men and women of the US Navy during its huge contribution to the war 1941-45 - in the Pacific, where USN operations were the essential foundation of the Allied war effort, and also in the Atlantic and NW Europe.
Submariners, PT boat crews, AA gunners facing Kamikazes, aircraft carrier Air Group and deck crews, Corpsmen, libertymen and shore patrols, SeaBees, Coast Guards - all are illustrated, aboard and ashore, and their duties and equipment described, from Pearl Harbor to Vj-Day in Tokyo Bay.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 64 pages, 65 colour and b&w illustrations
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 16/01/2002
- Category: General & world history
- ISBN: 9781841763019