Ethnographies of Social Support Hardback
Why do elderly choose to move away from their children so as to not receive their support?
Using a number of case studies, contributors explore social support as a tool of mutuality, or maintaining relatedness and sharing feelings, rather than preventing or patching up problems.
This book helps correct the dominant framework of deliberate action.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 217 pages, XIII, 217 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 14/06/2013
- Category: Social & cultural anthropology
- ISBN: 9781137330963
- Paperback / softback from £48.25
- PDF from £67.58