Performing Bodies in Pain : Medieval and Post-modern Martyrs, Mystics, and Artists Hardback
Part of the Palgrave Studies in Theatre and Performance History series
This text analyzes the cultural work of spectacular suffering in contemporary discourse and late-medieval France, reading recent dramatizations of torture and performances of self-mutilating conceptual art against late-medieval saint plays.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 227 pages, 8 Illustrations, black and white; XII, 227 p. 8 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 20/01/2011
- Category: Theatre studies
- ISBN: 9780230103863
- Paperback / softback from £52.09