Women's Writing, Englishness and National and Cultural Identity : The Mobile Woman and the Migrant Voice, 1938-62 Hardback
An original mapping of women's writing in the 1940s and 1950s, this book looks at Englishness and national identity in women's writing and includes writing from Scotland, Wales, Ireland the Indian subcontinent and Africa.
The authors discussed include Virginia Woolf, Daphne Du Maurier, Doris Lessing and Muriel Spark.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 228 pages, IX, 228 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 17/07/2012
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9780230285774
- Paperback / softback from £46.65