Words at Work in Vanity Fair : Language Shifts in Crucial Times, 1914-1930 Hardback
by Martha Banta
Banta draws upon essays in Vanity Fair by noted journalists, literary figures, and cultural critics in order to examine the manner by which major cultural and historical events in the Untied States and Britain led to the invention of previously non-existent words to express the rampant changes within society.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 233 pages, V, 233 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 03/11/2011
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9780230116979
- Paperback / softback from £56.65