Rejuvenating the Sun and Avoiding Other Global Catastrophes Paperback / softback
by Martin Beech
Part of the Astronomers' Universe series
Canadian academic Martin Beech has written a text that attempts to cross the line between science fiction and science fact.
Put simply, his book details a method that just might be able to stop the Sun from losing its power and, ultimately, save humanity and the Earth itself.
It investigates the idea that the distant future evolution of our Sun might be controlled (or 'asteroengineered') so that it maintains its present-day energy output rather than becoming a bloated red giant star: a process that would destroy all life on Earth.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 228 pages, 40 Illustrations, black and white; XII, 228 p. 40 illus.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Publication Date: 10/12/2007
- Category: Solar system: the Sun & planets
- ISBN: 9780387681283
- PDF from £21.25