Supernovae : and How to Observe Them Paperback / softback
Part of the Astronomers' Observing Guides series
This book is intended for amateur astronomers who are readers of Sky & Telescope magazine or similar astronomy periodicals - or are at least at the same level of knowledge and enthusiasm.
Supernovae represent the most violent stellar explosions in the universe.
This is a unique guide to supernova facts, and it is also an observing/discovery guide, all in one package.
Supernovae are often discovered by amateur astronomers, and the book describes the best strategies for discovering and observing them.
Moreover, it contains detailed information about the probable physics of supernovae, a subject which even today is imperfectly understood.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 209 pages, 115 Illustrations, black and white; XI, 209 p. 115 illus.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Publication Date: 05/02/2007
- Category: Solar system: the Sun & planets
- ISBN: 9780387352572
- PDF from £21.25