Saintly Feasts : Food for Saints and Scholars Paperback / softback
A wonderful collection of delicious recipes, originally prepared as the main Sunday meal at the Jesuit house, 'Manresa', in Birmingham.
Each recipe is accompanied by a saint with a (sometimes tenuous) connection to the ingredients or the dish itself.
A brief life of each saint gives the book a very special dimension.
Two Irish women living in Birmingham wanted to give something back to the Jesuits.
They decided a way to do so was to cook Sunday dinner for them, and they continued to do this for twenty-two years.
Now in their 90s and 70s respectively, they have brought their years of Sunday cooking ideas together in this very special collection.
All royalties to the Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS).
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 144 pages, 60 full colour illustrations
- Publisher: Messenger Publications
- Publication Date: 08/04/2019
- Category: Christian spirituality & religious experience
- ISBN: 9781788120272