The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society Paperback / softback
It's 1946 and author Juliet Ashton can't think what to write next.
Out of the blue, she receives a letter from Dawsey Adams of Guernsey - by chance, he's acquired a book that once belonged to her - and, spurred on by their mutual love of reading, they begin a correspondence.
When Dawsey reveals that he is a member of the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, her curiosity is piqued and it's not long before she begins to hear from other members.
As letters fly back and forth with stories of life in Guernsey under the German Occupation, Juliet soon realizes that the society is every bit as extraordinary as its name.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 256 pages, maps
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 07/06/2010
- Category: Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- ISBN: 9781408810262
- Paperback / softback from £6.25
- Audio cassette from £46.80
- eAudiobook MP3 from £32.76