How to Dress Dancers Paperback / softback
Costumes for dancers have exacting requirements. They have to look the part but let the dancers move freely.
They need to be strong enough to cope with the wear and tear of performances and stresses that dance can place on seams and darts, and yet be light enough to flow well and to allow the dancer to move and breathe.
This well-illustrated book shows how to start making costumes for dancers.
The author looks at different styles, cuts and materials that can be used, and shows how costume sketches can be translated into actual garments to suit the dancer's needs.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 144 pages, black & white illustrations
- Publisher: Dance Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 13/10/1998
- Category: Ttechnical & background skills
- ISBN: 9781852730666
- Paperback / softback from £12.05