National 5 English: Reading for Understanding, Analysis and Evaluation EPUB
Part of the - series
Exam Board: SQA
Level: National 5
First Teaching: September 2013
First Exam: June 2014
This book is ideally suited for use by students working towards National 5 English. Reading for Understanding, Analysis and Evaluation is a key part of this course, and the book provides a selection of practice exercises with questions modelled on those used in the examination, as well as many extracts from various genres, which allow the development of necessary language skills. Some of the material is based on spoken as well as written sources, with follow-up activities suitable for group discussion, and all activities closely related to the principles of Curriculum for Excellence.
- Develops skills quickly and effectively using tried and trusted methods from an experienced author team.
- Prepares students for assessment with specific advice and plenty of opportunities to test the theory in practice papers.
- Teaches - and tests - other language skills essential to success in National 5 English.
Answers to and mark schemes for the practice paper questions in this book are available in a separate title: National 5 English: Reading for Understanding, Analysis and Evaluation Answer Book and Marking Schemes (978 1 4441 9211 7). NB: the Answer Book for this title is intended mainly as a Teacher Resource and grants permission to the purchasing institution to make photocopies for the use of staff and students, hence its higher price. Students or parents wishing to view these materials are encouraged to contact their school/college/learning institution to access them free of charge.
- Format: EPUB
- Pages: 104 pages
- Publisher: Hodder Education
- Publication Date: 13/12/2013
- Category: Study & learning skills: general
- ISBN: 9781444192100
- Paperback / softback from £11.99