This volume is one of a series presenting all karate and kumite' practiced by the Japan Karate Association.
Each chapter contains photographs of an instructor of the Association executing a certain technique.
As well as setting forth the basic rules that must be put into practice when performing kata or applying techniques in kumite, this volume pinpoints the underlying physical and physiological principles of karate: source and concentration of power; stance, form, stability and technique; movement in all directions; basic and comprehensive aspects of training.'
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 144 pages, 1 Illustrations, unspecified
- Publisher: Kodansha America, Inc
- Publication Date: 01/12/1981
- Category: Oriental martial arts
- ISBN: 9780870113246