The Meanings of Macho : Being a Man in Mexico City Paperback / softback
Part of the Men and Masculinity series
In this compelling study of machismo in Mexico City, Matthew Gutmann overturns many stereotypes of male culture in Mexico and offers a sensitive and often surprising look at how Mexican men see themselves, parent their children, relate to women, and talk about sex.
This tenth anniversary edition features a new preface that updates the stories of the book's key protagonists.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 362 pages, 20 b-w photographs, 2 maps, 3 tables
- Publisher: University of California Press
- Publication Date: 06/10/2006
- Category: Cultural studies
- ISBN: 9780520250130
- EPUB from £29.16