The First Atomic Age : Scientists, Radiations, and the American Public, 1895-1945 Hardback
Part of the Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology series
At the close of the 19th century, strange new forms of energy arrested the American public's attention in ways that no scientific discovery ever had before.
This groundbreaking cultural history tells the story of the first nuclear culture, one whose lasting effects would be seen in the familiar "atomic age" of the post-war twentieth century.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 247 pages, 13 Illustrations, black and white; XI, 247 p. 13 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 06/06/2013
- Category: History of the Americas
- ISBN: 9781137307217
- Paperback / softback from £61.69