Reconstituting Americans : Liberal Multiculturalism and Identity Difference in Post-1960s Literature Hardback
by Megan Obourn
Reveals the representational paradoxes of liberal multicultural subjecthood, in which the citizen-subject tends to become representable only as an individual representative of a social identity group.
It uses historicist and formalist methodologies within Marxist, psychoanalytic, and critical race frameworks.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 229 pages, VIII, 229 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 16/08/2011
- Category: Literature: history & criticism
- ISBN: 9780230112476
- Paperback / softback from £56.65