Urdu Literary Culture : Vernacular Modernity in the Writing of Muhammad Hasan Askari Hardback
Part of the Literatures and Cultures of the Islamic World series
Urdu Literary Culture examines the impact of political circumstances on vernacular (Urdu) literary culture through an in-depth study of the writings of Muhammad Hasan Askari, who lived during the Partition of India.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 287 pages, 5 Illustrations, black and white; XVI, 287 p. 5 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 15/06/2012
- Category: Literary studies: post-colonial literature
- ISBN: 9781137009029
- Paperback / softback from £54.09