American Radio in China : International Encounters with Technology and Communications, 1919-41 Hardback
Part of the Palgrave Studies in the History of the Media series
Interwar era efforts to expand US radio into China floundered in the face of flawed US policies and approaches.
Situated at the intersection of media studies, technology studies, and US foreign relations, this study frames the ill-fated radio initiatives as symptomatic of an increasingly troubled US-East Asian relationship before the Pacific War.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 286 pages, XIII, 286 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 12/04/2011
- Category: Social & cultural history
- ISBN: 9780230252660
- PDF from £62.90
- Paperback / softback from £57.75