General Principles of Children's Orthopaedic Disease Paperback / softback
Edited by Michael K. D. Benson, John Fixsen, Malcolm Macnicol, Klaus Parsch
In this book we discuss how children grow, how to measure this and how to decide whether development falls within normal parameters.
It is important not to over-investigate, but, if necessary, which tests and imaging should we choose?
We consider how best to look after our patients in hospital, out-patients departments and at home.
This leads us to consider problems with the norm, including the more generalised bone and cartilage disorders, most now genetically determined.
The section concludes with chapters on infection, arthritis and that most emotive of topics, the tumours of childhood.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 226 pages, 44 Tables, black and white; 40 Illustrations, color; 156 Illustrations, black and white;
- Publisher: Springer London Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/06/2011
- Category: Musculoskeletal medicine
- ISBN: 9780857295484