Voices from Dickens' London Paperback / softback
This book offers a fascinating, evocative account of 19th-century London, so well known from Charles Dickens' much-loved novels.
This book draws on descriptions of life in the capital from original letters, diaries and newspapers, as well as Dickens' own social commentary, to paint a vivid portrait of a city undergoing massive social changes.
A unique gazetteer section with a modern-day map allows the reader to discover where places and attractions mentioned in the text can be seen in today's London.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 336 pages, 10 colour, 20 black & white illustrations
- Publisher: David & Charles
- Publication Date: 29/06/2007
- Category: Literary essays
- ISBN: 9780715327234