Parliamentary Socialisation : Learning the Ropes or Determining Behaviour? Hardback
Part of the Understanding Governance series
This first book-length study of the socialisation of MPs uses questionnaire data gathered over two Parliaments (1992-97 and 1997-2001) to find out how MPs learn about, and what their attitudes are towards, their role as a Member of Parliament.
It analyzes their participation in debates, the use of Parliamentary Questions and committee work.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 266 pages, XVII, 266 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 26/07/2011
- Category: Social, group or collective psychology
- ISBN: 9780230284890
- Paperback / softback from £55.35