Jewish Representation in British Literature 1780-1840 : After Shylock Hardback
Part of the Nineteenth-Century Major Lives and Letters series
Describing Jewish representation by Jews and Gentiles in the British Romantic era from the Old Bailey courtroom and popular songs to novels, poetry, and political pamphlets, Scrivener integrates popular culture with belletristic writing to explore the wildly varying treatments of stereotypical Jewish figures.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 270 pages, VII, 270 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 20/09/2011
- Category: Literary studies: c 1500 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9780230102897
- Paperback / softback from £52.99