Mao Paperback / softback
Part of the Routledge Historical Biographies series
Michael Lynch's second edition of Mao examines the life of this controversial figure.
Opening with a detailed chronology, it delves into Mao's younger years and tracks his gradual rise to power, with a chapter dedicated to the cult status that surrounded him.
Through a wealth of primary and secondary sources and a balanced consideration of the conflicting views that surround Mao's leadership, this book provides a thorough exploration of Mao's political and private life.
Key features of the second edition include a detailed analysis of the Long March, an account of Sino-Japanese relations and an assessment of Mao's ongoing legacy.
This biography will be essential reading for anyone interested in Mao and the politics of twentieth-century China.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 306 pages, 1 Tables, black and white; 8 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 02/05/2017
- Category: Biography: historical, political & military
- ISBN: 9781138122079