Introducing Wagner : A Graphic Guide Paperback / softback
Part of the Introducing... series
Wagner's operatic works rank with the supreme achievements of western culture.
But acceptance of Wagner's musical genius is tempered by feelings of misgiving and many believe the composer's underlying ideas to be indefensible.
A self-styled social revolutionary, Wagner thought the world could be redeemed through vegetarianism and Aryan philosophy. Introducing Wagner: A Graphic Guide separates the composer's art from the ideas and the arrogant destructive personal behaviour of the man.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 176 pages, Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: Icon Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 27/02/2013
- Category: Romantic music (c 1830 to c 1900)
- ISBN: 9781848315099
- EPUB from £3.99