In 1086 the Domesday Book was compiled - a survey of England made at the behest of the Norman Conqueror.
This text presents the manuscript, attempts to analyse the world it portrays, examines Norman society, and penetrates beyond it into the Anglo Saxon, Roman and even Iron Age cultures.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 280 pages
- Publisher: Ebury Publishing
- Publication Date: 16/09/1999
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9780563551270
- Paperback / softback from £8.65
- EPUB from £4.99