Education, Travel and the 'Civilisation' of the Victorian Working Classes Hardback
Examining four major institutions, Michele Strong considers the experiences of working men and women, particularly artisans, but also young apprentices and clerks, who travelled abroad as participants in an educational reform movement spearheaded by middle-class liberals.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 243 pages, VIII, 243 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 27/02/2014
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781137338075
- Paperback / softback from £45.85