With the updated Green Guide Venice and the Veneto you're all set to dive down winding streets and across hump-backed bridges through Venice's picturesque neighborhoods as you explore the city and outlying islands of Murano, Torcello and Burano. Michelin's famed star-rating system helps you choose amongst stunning
attractions and sights, while detailed maps, color photos, walking tours and advice on shopping, hotels and restaurants complete the picture for an unforgettable trip.
* Attractions reviewed and rated, using Michelin's celebrated star-rating
system. Enjoy the sights on either side of the iconic 3-star Grand Canal
from the back of a bustling vaporetto, or explore the 1-star La Fenice
area and its fascinating little shops where you can find books, masks,
art and glass.
* Walk-throughs of Venice's many museums, galleries, churches and
attractions, such as the Doges' Palace and Saint Mark's Basilica;
includes photos, illustrations and floor plans to zoom in on the
highlights and masterpieces.
* Multiple walking tours abound to discover the scenic and historic
corners of the city. For a change take a few days to explore the sights
along the spectacular Dolomite Road, or try some of the many
excursion suggestions while discovering the Veneto. Michelin walking
and driving tours offer a more in-depth, personal experience of the
* Comprehensive-illustrated sections on modern-day Venice, its rich
history, nature, architecture, art and culture, all written by experts.
* Sidebars on such topics as the historical setting for Shakespeare's
Romeo and Juliet, and a Renaissance palazzo layout.
* Detailed visitor information given for attractions: opening hours, entry
fees, tour times, phone and website. Michelin area/city maps.
* Includes recommendations for great places to eat/stay for all budgets.
* Travelers to Venice looking for detailed travel information.
* Discerning travelers seeking unique, enriching travel experiences.